The holidays are supposed to be a time for family and fun, but with all the food, gatherings, and (more) food, it can be easy to lose track of your fitness goals. But you don’t have to let your holiday morale come crashing down because you’re worried you’ll lose progress in the gym.
Here’s something to consider; December has 31 days which is about 4.5 weeks. In this instance, let’s say you have 4 meals a day (124 meals for the month) as a baseline. With two holiday events per week, you’re ONLY leaving 10 meals untracked, out of 124. So don’t worry: this is not going to kill your progress! Enjoy your untracked meal and move on.
In between your untracked meals, here are a few other ways keep up your progress:
- Stay Hydrated – Try drinking more H2O then you usually do! This will assist with digestion and make you feel full longer.
- Keep Moving – Walk it off! It is important to stay active and even add a few extra steps in your day to put those extra calories to use.
- Plan ahead – If you know you have a holiday event taking place that night, keep it clean during the day! Eat foods that satisfy you, but aren’t too high in fat.
- Be Mindful – Ever heard the saying “The first bite tastes the same as the last”. Well, if not, consider it when snacking at events! Feel free to have a little of everything, but keep the portions small.
- Veggies and Protein – When making a plate, choose more whole foods! Fill up your plate with protein and veggies then add a little scoop of the extras.
By enjoying your holiday event with no strings attached, you’ll be happy and satisfied—and that’s what matters the most. Remember, your MENTAL health is just as important as your PHYSICAL health! Enjoy the holidays!