If you don’t have the sorry misfortune of being allergic to peanuts, then let us introduce you to peanut butter powder. It’s a new way to enjoy the delicious taste of peanuts…without falling into the trap of caloric overload!
Why We Love Peanut Butter Powder—And Why You’ll Love It, Too
Peanuts are a great source of protein and healthy fats, especially monounsaturated fats like oleic acid (which can help lower bad cholesterol). Unfortunately, many popular peanut products, like most brand name peanut butter, are also a source of unhealthy ingredients like sugar and preservatives.
To avoid the junk but still enjoy that delicious savory taste, you may try eating roasted peanuts straight out of the shell. Yes, you may be onto something here—but we think you’d be challenged to find anyone who doesn’t tend to go a little overboard while snacking on nuts.
In other words, it’s super easy to overdo it on peanuts in their butter or nut form.
You May Also Like: Okay, I’m Eating Healthy, But Why Am I Always so Hungry?
Here’s where peanut butter powder comes in:
- It’s made by pressing peanuts until they are literally in powder form.
- You can easily find good brands that contain literally nothing but peanuts (goodbye corn syrup solids and hydrogenated vegetable oils!).
- Because it’s less thick and oily than normal peanut butter, it blends more easily and smoothly in your shakes.
- And though it doesn’t contain as much healthy fat, a standard serving of peanut powder is lower in calories compared to its peanut butter equivalent. This makes it a safer option for calorie-conscious folks who are trying to cut back on body fat and avoid the pitfall of too much snacking.
3 Ways to Use Peanut Butter Powder
1. Add it to Your Shake
Shakes can be a health nut’s best friend. The options you have for ingredients are just about endless, plus, they’re a delicious and super easy way to get tons of good-for-you nutrients into your body, especially on days when you’re in a rush. So, the next time you’re whipping up a morning or post-workout shake, add a tablespoon of powdered peanuts for the sake of your taste buds and your health!
2. Sprinkle it on Baked Chicken
Ramp up your Asian-inspired cooking by adding a dash of peanut butter powder to your favorite chicken dish. You can also sprinkle it over oatmeal, apples, or yogurt.
3. Make a Delectable Nutty Dip
Mix your powdered peanut butter with water and use it the way you would use normal peanut butter. You can also use the reconstituted form as a dip for carrots, celery, apples, or bananas. Want something a little more decadent? Check out this recipe for a peanut butter dip made with cinnamon and Greek yogurt!
Got a fave way to enjoy powdered peanut butter? Let us know about it in the comments below!