Snack, Meal, or Treat: The Anytime Cookie! These cookies are perfect anytime: for breakfast, pre- and post- workout snacks, or even an on-the-go lunch when you’re running to and from class, work, or the gym. Packed with complex carbs, protein, fiber and healthy fats, these Anytime Cookies will stick with you and provide a boost of long-lasting energy.
Anytime Cookies Recipe
Makes 12 Cookies
1 large banana
½ cup applesauce
1/3 cup nut butter of choice (we used peanut butter)
2 scoops, or 2/3 cup vanilla protein powder (we used QuestProtein
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups oat flour
½ cup rolled oats
1 T chia seeds
1 T flax seeds
½ tsp salt
½ tsp BP
1 tsp BS
1. Preheat oven to 350 ̊ F
2. In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork until all large chunks are gone.
3. Add applesauce and nut butter; blend with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients; add to wet mixture until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
6. Stir in desired mix-ins.
7. Use an ice cream scoop to form rounded cookies; space evenly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, then pull cookies out and slightly flatten with a fork.
9. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until tops begin to golden.
10. Let cool and enjoy! Store cookies in a sealed container for up to two weeks, or keep in the freezer to pull out any time up to 6 months.
Makes 12 large cookies; 1 serving = 1 cookie
The Anytime Cookie recipe is versatile
Swap out different flours, nut butters, and sweeteners to meet your nutritional goals. Get creative with mix-ins and toppings to customize your cookie further, too! Here are some fun combinations we tried out at GymIt:
- Dark chocolate + walnuts
- Dried cranberries
orange zest + slivered almonds
- Toasted coconut + white chocolate
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Pumpkin spice + candied ginger
- Peanut butter chips + frozen raspberrie
Whether you’re off to school, work, the gym or just enjoying the fall weather, give these cookies a try- anytime!